Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Designer
Since 1967, Denk Associates has been providing mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services to architects, developers, and building owners. Continuous growth in project experience and firm size during the past 50 years has resulted in an organization experienced with medical research buildings, hospitals, hotels, multi-family residential, and university laboratory buildings as well as smaller projects requiring a broad range of system and design knowledge. From historic renovations to the latest in sustainable design, projects have received numerous awards and certifications including multiple LEED Platinum certified projects.
Denk Associates is currently accepting resumes for an experienced HVAC and plumbing mechanical engineer and/or mechanical designer.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Perform engineering and load calculations to develop and size various building mechanical systems including mechanical equipment, HVAC ductwork, hydronic piping, domestic water systems, as well as drainage waste and vent systems.
- Work with fellow engineers, designers and draftsmen to create electronic drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Modify and/or create construction document details using either AutoCAD or Revit software.
- Perform HVAC heat gain/heat loss calculations utilizing a combination of hand calculations, spreadsheets, and/or industry software.
- Provide engineering, technical, and cost estimating support to clients.
- Provide construction administration support including review of submittals, responding to RFI’s, project punch list, and project close-out.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with engineering team as well as with architects, owners. Provide design coordination with other engineering disciplines and consultants.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or pursuing a Drafting/AutoCAD or Mechanical Engineering Technical degree.
- Five to ten years of experience is preferred.
- AutoCAD experience is required, and Revit and/or BIM experience is a plus.
- Candidate should be able to effectively communicate technical concepts with peers and clients.
- Candidate should have an understanding of HVAC load calculations, hydronic and plumbing piping design, air distribution design and sizing, energy analysis and pertinent industry standards, guidelines and codes.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as being a part of a multi-discipline team.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
Company-paid Health Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Tuition Reimbursement, paid Personal and Vacation time, and 401K with matching/company contribution.